Mushrooms are one of my favourite food. Ever. All kinds of edible fungi, actually, such as black and white fungus. :) Together with my new best friend in the kitchen aka the oven, “we” would like to share this simple and fuss-free 6 ingredients yummilicious dish:
I am normally quite critical of my own cooking – but I have to shamelessly proclaim this pot as really yummy and the stock tasted like spaghetti alle vongole in bianco (without the spaghetti and clams)! That’s because mushrooms are really rich in umami (just as clams are) and combined with olive oil, garlic and chilli flakes… yum!
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 minutes
Serves 2-4 as a side dish
- 400g fresh mushrooms (I used a mix of white button and baby portobello), sliced
- 1 scant tsp salt
- 3-4 fat garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scant tsp red chilli flakes
- Generous drizzle of olive oil (around 2-3 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put the mushrooms in an oven proof casserole with lid. Sprinkle the salt, minced garlic, pepper and chilli flakes over the mushrooms. Drizzle the olive oil over and stir to mix well. Put the lid on, place the casserole in the preheated oven and let it do its magic for 30 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish to roast chicken or pour it over spaghetti al dente for a vegetarian vongole!