This is my first “Chindian” dish. For the uninitiated, “Chindian” refers to the Chinese dishes that have been Indianised in India. :) Chicken and Coriander Soup is something I’ve never had anywhere else, but in the Royal China in Mumbai. It’s delicious and simple; perfect to nurse a cold or to warm the belly. :)
It’s important to use quality chicken stock for this recipe. Homemade, if possible.
Prep 10 mins
Cooks 15 mins
- 2 cups of chicken stock (see here for recipe)
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinless
- 20g coriander (stem + leaves), finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Bring chicken stock to boil.
- Add the drumsticks and bring back to boil. Add the salt, cover the pot and simmer until the drumsticks are cooked (about 10-15minutes).
- Add the chopped coriander and serve hot.
- If you have some chicken meat scraps (from making stock or any leftovers), feel free to add to this soup for a more substantial meal.